More to Love is a poignant and funny look at contemporary society's obsession with weight and looks and its effect on interpersonal relationships. No matter age, sexual orientation, or the size of your waistline, dating isn't easy. While working out at a gym, six quirky, lovable characters attempt to find self acceptance.
More to Love won Best Lyrics for its series in the West Village Musical Theatre Festival June 2014.
Music/ Lyrics by SETH BISEN-HERSH
Book by JANICE FOUKS BLUM
DAWOYNE ALEXANDER HILL
CHAZMOND J. PEACOCK
Directed by SHANA SOLOMON
Musically Directed by SOLOMON HOFFMAN
Wednesday, September 17th at 8PM
Theatre 54, 244 W. 54th St, 12th Floor
$10 Suggested Donation
More to Love is a two hour musical comedy written by Janice Fouks Blum with a score of 17 songs by Seth Bisen-Hersh. The show is licensed via a standard Theatrical Licensing Contract. If you are interested in mounting a production of More to Love, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details! A perusal script is available via email.
More to Love won Best Lyrics of its Series in the West Village Musical Theatre Festival, June 29, 2014.
1. I Hate My Body - ALL
2. Mothers & Daughters - Jennifer & Mildred
3. I Like Big Girls (Video) - Chubby
4. Eat Dessert First! - Henry
5. In My Next Life - Mildred
6. Dieting Woes - Jennifer, Henry, Chubby & Lisa
7. That's All Men Want! - Chubby & Henry
8. Only Yesterday - Jack
9. Love Me for Me (Video) - Jennifer
10. Workout! - ALL
11. No Body is Perfect (Video) - Lisa
12. Love Me for Me Reprise - Jennifer
13. You're The Honey in My Tea (Video) - Mildred & Jack
14. Please Forgive Me (Video) - Chubby
15. An Apology (Video) - Jennifer
16. Mothers & Daughters Reprise - Jennifer & Mildred
17. More to Love - ALL
Mildred and Jack Bernstein (Soprano, Baritone): Jennifer's parents. Middle-aged couple living in New York City. Childhood sweethearts who have been successfully married for thirty years. Mildred is a housewife; Jack is a food critic.
Chubby (Baritone): A forty year old black man, a personal trainer and the owner of the gym.
Henry (Tenor): Mid-thirties, a gay man, confidant and good friend of Jenniferís who's an interior decorator and gourmet cook.
Lisa Banks (Mezzo): Mid-thirties, a personal trainer and freelance model.
Showcases | Coaching | Workshops |
Bio | Resume | Personal | Contact